famous james motorcycle club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
famous james motorcycle club

famous james motorcycles, spares, advice

You are not connected. Please login or register

1951 James Comet 98cc "M" prefix.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11951 James Comet 98cc "M" prefix. Empty 1951 James Comet 98cc "M" prefix. Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:48 am

jonrms

Hi looking for advice on how to time these up correctly and other basic advice. From what I understand these bikes at the time were the equivilent of a throw away mobile phone. They were made at a low cost and people disposed of them just like we do with our phones these days. Shame. I am lucky enough to own one and with a bit of spit and polish..(more polish) it will come up like new. I have the original villiers gear leaver in MINT condition on it. I am just looking around for other bits like an exhaust and well just anything that might be good with this period bike. I want to make it concours and preserve its history. I also own a BSA bantam D1 which is a 1959 plunger model and I am after some bits and bobs for that. With owning classic bikes one has to question why I would have a modern bike.... and the answer is simple.. try going up hill!!! I have a ST1100 and I love it.. thats my main bike.. the other two are going to be passed down in the family and hopefully kept in there glass cases so to speak. However a bike is not just for looking at and admiring.. its for riding and it will obviously require that.. not just because its fun but it helps keep the bike in tip top condition and keeps oil and other vital liquids/gaskets at there top of the game. Anyway thank you for reading.... I am still trying to get onto the other site. I feel so alone on this one... I dont think anyone has been on for some time by the looks of it. Sad

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum